The roof inspection is a very important part of regular roofing maintenance as well as of roof repairs. During the inspection, the roofer checks the roof to locate any signs of damage, paying special attention to sensitive areas that include the following:
- The flashing – the reinforcement sheets installed wherever there is an opening in the roof, such as around the skylights and chimneys or where two roof slopes meet are especially sensitive to water damage, therefore they need to be very carefully inspected and maintained;
- The gutters – the health of the gutters is essential for the health of the roof. Clogged, cracked, rusty or sagging gutters cannot direct water safely away from the building, therefore your roofer will pay special attention to the gutter pipes as well as to the downspouts;
- The vents – the intake vents and the ridge vents that ensure the proper ventilation of the roof and of the attic area are also sensitive to clogging and various other forms of damage, therefore they will be meticulously inspected by your roofer;
- The chimneys – also being elements that are strong, but sensitive to the elements, the chimneys will also be carefully inspected by your roofing contractor.
Call Today For A Free Estimate
Metal roofing is enjoying increasing popularity for all types of buildings, in all climate areas – here are some of the features that make metal roofs such a great choice:
- Durability – metal roofs can last up to 50 years, see this site, but in mild climate areas, where they don’t take a lot of beating from the elements, they can live even longer;
- Easy installation – metal roofs can be installed on top of the old roof, provided that the metal layer is the second one on the roof. The installation does not take more than a couple of days and it does not require any very special tools or every specialized knowledge;
- Affordability – metal roofs are a bit more expensive than asphalt shingles, but certainly cheaper than clay tiles, wood or slate systems;
- Resistance to the elements – metal is not sensitive to rot, mold and mildew or to pest attacks, including termites, it does not catch fire and if the right coatings are applied, metal roofs are resistant to water as well. Conventional metal roofs are sensitive to really strong hail, but modern, impact resistant systems can survive even the harshest hail storm with only minor cosmetic damage;
- Great looks – metal roofing panels come in many different colors and textures, so choosing the variety that matches the style of your building is not a difficult task.
Roof coating products are substances intended to help the roof withstand the elements, making it easier for them to stand up to UV radiation, wind, rain and snow. Coating products are mostly used on flat commercial roofs and on shingle roofs (though you can find coatings for other roofing materials as well) and you can buy various coatings for your roof, each variety serving a different purpose. Here is what various roof coating solutions can do for you:
- Waterproofing – water is the worst enemy of any roof. Wherever it finds a way to seep through the roofing cover, it causes thin cracks to become larger and it damages wooden roof components. Fortunately, there are lots of waterproofing coating products available on the market – they are all very easy to apply, but you need to reapply the coating every couple of years;
- Reflective roof coatings – mostly used on flat, commercial roofs, reflective coatings improve the roof’s thermal performance and they also improve the roof’s resistance to water to a certain extent. Like the waterproof coating, reflective coatings also need to be reapplied every two or three years to make sure the roof is able to retain its thermal efficiency and to stay strong in front UV radiation for a long time.
For more help with roofing coating solutions, look at https://candsroofingomaha.com.