TIPS to prepare for a roof replacement
Is there anything I need to do before the roofing company starts replacing my roof?
Roof replacement can be messy and noisy. We will do all we can to minimize the hassle and inconvenience during the roofing process.
We will advise you before we start work and address some things that might help minimize a disruption in the process.
● Think about children and pets. Loud noises coming from the home may disturb them. While it may be exciting to watch from a safe distance,
work zones are extremely unsafe for children and pets. Make sure they are aware that certain areas around the house are off limits until the project is complete.
● Relocate your vehicles from the garage/driveway. We need quick access to tools and trucks and will need to back up our roof removal truck to the house so that we can avoid nails and other debris falling onto your cars or yard.
● If you have wall decorations that are slightly secured (not held by screws), please remove them. The vibrations from hammers and machinery can travel through your some walls of your home. We suggest this as a precaution for the rooms on the level below your roof.
● Cover belongings in the attic – during a roof replacement, many installers will be walking on your roof. Dust or small debris can fall through in the attic spaces. You can keep personal items cleaner by covering them up with old sheets or drop clothes until the new roof has been replaced.
● Protect/remove any items that could break from falling debris around the house. Such as lawn ornaments, potted plants.
Move grills and patio furniture away from the work zone.
● If you have a swimming pool close to the house. Close the pool cover. If you don’t have a pool cover, we can tarp it too! Roofing debris can stain plaster finishes or the lining.
● Be aware of your surrounding during the construction – construction can create unexpected obstacles, such as extension cords or other construction equipment that isn’t normally there.
Most importantly, remember that this construction and any inconvenience it brings is temporary.
Soon you will have the new roof that you’ve been waiting for!