Metal roofing is enjoying increasing popularity for all types of buildings, in all climate areas – here are some of the features that make metal roofs such a great choice:
- Durability – metal roofs can last up to 50 years, see this site, but in mild climate areas, where they don’t take a lot of beating from the elements, they can live even longer;
- Easy installation – metal roofs can be installed on top of the old roof, provided that the metal layer is the second one on the roof. The installation does not take more than a couple of days and it does not require any very special tools or every specialized knowledge;
- Affordability – metal roofs are a bit more expensive than asphalt shingles, but certainly cheaper than clay tiles, wood or slate systems;
- Resistance to the elements – metal is not sensitive to rot, mold and mildew or to pest attacks, including termites, it does not catch fire and if the right coatings are applied, metal roofs are resistant to water as well. Conventional metal roofs are sensitive to really strong hail, but modern, impact resistant systems can survive even the harshest hail storm with only minor cosmetic damage;
- Great looks – metal roofing panels come in many different colors and textures, so choosing the variety that matches the style of your building is not a difficult task.